Start on the path that puts your career at the forefront of your to-do list! Join Maxine Phillips, Certified Business Coach of GAMMS Unlimited and author of the latest journal and guidebook, TRANSFORMATION: Write + Share + Live for the NC Project Management Institute workshop & networking event “How to Plan & Conduct A Successful Job Search” –February 11th, 2016 @ 5:30PM – Sign up begins January 18th.
The workshop will take place on Thursday, February 11th, 2016 from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Cisco Campus -RTP | 7100 Kit Creek Road Building (TBD), Room (TBD) Morrisville, NC 27560. If you have questions please email one of the following: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Register for the Free Workshop here.
Please Note the Following:
- The workshop is free
- Space is limited if you register and cannot attend, please update the career team in order that your space can be allocated to members on the standby list.
- Only registered attendees will be allowed to attend
- Sandwiches or other light refreshment will be provided.
- PDUs will be reported by NCPMI
- PMPs are required to provide their PMI numbers in order that their PDUs can be reported
- Please arrive on time in order that the workshop can start promptly.
- Please leave the facility in equal or better condition than you found it.
5:30 to 6:00 networking
6:00 to 7:40 Workshop+ Q &A
7:40 to 8:00 networking
Abstract of the workshop:
This workshop is specifically designed to meet the needs of those seeking ways to effectively establish a strategic job search that differentiate themselves before accepting employment. The initiating and planning phase of the workshop will explore tools and techniques to allow individuals to get to know themselves and create a job description based on their natural abilities, gifts and talents. This approach is useful to accelerate the process of change and creates options and opportunities for an agile work environment where people are more apt to excel, feel a sense of accomplishment and perform at their highest level. In addition, attendees will learn how to enhance their current resume by focusing on their achievements, business results through the use of action words, situations, tasks, and results to obtain organizational goals. And phase two Executing, Monitoring and Controlling will focus on why it is important that attendees know what type of assignment and work environment is best to use their strengths, review intentional networking to expand job opportunities and identify their employer(s) of choice.
*Denotes Pre-work (download Pre-work file here)
Key Learning Outcomes: Initiating and Planning (See It! and Know It!)
- See Career Direction and Prepare Resume * pre-work – Bring your resume with you
- Set Job Search Direction by *Creating a Personal Job Description (pre-work –create a job description with the type of roles and responsibilities that is your dream job and bring this with you)
- Know and Assess Skills and Preferences
- *Analyzing Accomplishments (pre-work -Accomplishment Template will be sent to those who register.)
- Charting Career Alternatives
Key Learning Outcomes: Executing, Monitoring and Controlling (Believe It! Plan It and Do It!)
- Learn Positive Job Search Strategies
- Identifying Potential Employers (*pre-work – Bring one job description for a position from one potential employer with you to the workshop).
- Networking Intentionally
Who should attend?
Anyone seeking employment or career advancements with external or internal organizations:
Unemployed, under-employed, individuals pending a layoff, employees unhappy with their current employment and individuals ready for a career change.
Maxine Phillips is a Certified Business Coach, Certified Highlands Consultant, Author of TRANSFORMATION Write + Share + Live, Creator of the Achievement Mindset Process™ (AMP™), and a seasoned Manager with over twenty-five years in human resources management, employee relations, leadership, and employee and organizational development. She provided leadership and professional education consultation to organizations such as ABB, Adecco, AT & T (formerly Illinois Bell and Southwestern Bell), Collin College (formerly Collin County Community College), Ericsson, Headway, and Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. She is the President of GAMMS UNLIMITED, a professional career coaching organization. Maxine received the 2014 Grateful Appreciation for Outstanding Commitment to NCPMI. She is the recipient of the American Diabetes Association “GIVE” Award for her leadership and commitment. She served as an Executive Board Member and past Chair for Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes for Eastern North Carolina.